Hi Friends of Bella Red Salon,
We hope this post finds you safe and healthy!
WE ARE OPEN AGAIN! YAY! Governor Inslee and the State of Washington released their Phase 2 Salon & Spa reopening guidelines and we’ve been strictly adhering to them. How do they affect the salon and your salon experience? I break it down for you here, beginning with:
WHAT WILL YOUR EXPERIENCE LOOK LIKE NOW
- The goal is to make this a touchless experience, where you touch very little. This helps protect you as well as employees and other clients.
- When Phase 2 is announced, Bella Red Salon will begin booking appointments. If you haven’t already, use the Bella Red Salon Waitlist form and let us know your desired appointment stylist, day, and time. Have your credit card ready when your appointment books. Bella Red Salon will accept your credit card information and place it within our encrypted and secure POS system. Bella Red Salon will take your credit card information over the phone when you book your first appointment back, just like clinics and hospitals are doing now. The information is secure in our POS system. It means you will not have to swipe your card or touch a keypad. Fewer touches, fewer chances to get COVID-19.
- Before arriving for your appointment, client must do a self-health check before their appointment and sign a Bella Red Salon COVID-19 Health Online Acknowledgement that they are healthy. Any client reporting and/or experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms will be politely asked to reschedule at a later date at no cost to the client.
- Bella Red Salon is limiting the amount of items you can bring in. Fewer items means less possible exposure to COVID-19. The client should only bring their ID, credit card, phone, and vehicle keys. If worried about other personal items like a purse or coat being left in your vehicle, please leave them at home.
- Come alone due to occupancy limitations. Arrive five minutes early for your appointment with mask and patience. This is new to us just like it is new to you. Expect appointments to run 15-30 minutes longer as we adjust to a new normal.
- When outside the salon waiting for your appointment, maintain 6 feet separation from others with your mask on.
- A Bella Red Salon team member will open the salon’s door and greet you. The team member will welcome you, ensure Bella Red Salon received your completed health waiver, confirm you are wearing a mask and point you to the bathroom for a thorough 20 second hand washing (think Happy Birthday song). A touchless sink and touchless soap dispenser have been installed in the bathroom.
- The client will be greeted by their stylist and directed to their chair to proceed with consult and service.
- Bella Red Salon will discontinue shampooing during Phase 2 to minimize surface touchpoints. If a shampoo is needed for the service, client and stylist will visit shampoo room at appropriate time during the service. Stylist offers client a small and clean towel to place over eyes, nose, and mouth. Client will dispose of towel in labeled towel bin.
- Client and stylist continue the appointment in the chair, both wearing masks and sanitized capes/gowns.
- Modified finishing/styling during your service will be necessary due to timeliness and ensuring sanitation guidelines are executed.
- Bella Red Salon will offer the client touchless checkout, which can include gratuity and product purchase. When appointment is completed, client chooses products if needed and visits front desk. Visual verification of credit card on file will be required.
- Bella Red Salon will open door for client and client enjoys the rest of the day with amazing hair!
WHAT IS COVID19 AND HOW DOES IT SPREAD
- For more information, visit the CDC website.
WASHINGTON STATE GUIDELINES FOR SALONS AND SPAS
- For more information, visit the Washington State Phase 2 Professional Services COVID-19 Requirements.
If you have any questions about any of this, feel free to drop them into the comment section below. We will answer them accordingly.
Owner – Bella Red Salon
4 thoughts on “The Bella Red Salon COVID19 Safety Plan”
I am so excited for you and your hard working team! We are mostly on Whidbey now so will need to find a salon up here. Blessings
Sorry, I can’t find the link for the online Health acknowledgement.
Thankfully, it is not online. It is on an iPad at the salon for when clients visit.
Whew thank goodness! Thought I was going blind 🙂
Cara did her usual great job. Terry and I are extremely happy that you’re open. See you soon